Benefits of the sport
Develop strength and flexibility-Aerobic fitness-Burn calories
- Burn calories – All that rallying makes continuous energy demands of your muscles, giving you little recovery time, which is good news for weight loss!
- Improve your aerobic fitness to boost your heart, muscle, and lung endurance
- Boost your flexibility thanks to the lunging and stretching motions
- Develop strength and power in your arm and leg muscles
- Improve hand-to-eye coordination – those squash balls can be speedy little buggers!
- Boost cardiovascular fitness so more oxygen can be pumped through to body to energize your muscles
- Boost mental strength and concentration – matches can last a while!
- Easy to get into
According to Forbes, 30 minutes spent on the squash court gives you ‘an impressive cardiorespiratory workout.’ Constant running and rallies build endurance and muscular strength in your lower body, and squash can even improve flexibility in your core and back, thanks to the twists, lunges, and turns necessary to keep the ball on the go.
Mensfitness article "Squash 101", refers to calories burned per hour in squash versus other sports